Oregon Food Bank Holiday Drive
Hunger remains at record levels in Oregon and Southwest Washington. Whether it involves skipping meals, eating less than is needed to live a healthy life, or making due with foods that are filling but not nutritious, hunger’s effects can be devastating. Join Oregon Food Bank as they lead the fight against hunger in our communities.
Oregon Food Bank distributes emergency food to hunger-relief agencies throughout Oregon and Clark County, Wash.
Throughout the month of December, The Joinery will be collecting non-perishable food items for Oregon Food Bank. Drop off items at both Joinery showrooms:
- 4804 SE Woodstock
- 922 SW Yamhill, Downtown
Anyone who drops off food can enter to win a $100 gift certificate from The Joinery.
Oregon Food Bank need these nutritious foods:
- canned meats (i.e., tuna, chicken, salmon)
- canned and boxed meals (i.e., soup, chili, stew, macaroni and cheese)
- peanut butter and other nut butters
- canned or dried beans and peas (i.e., black, pinto, lentils)
- pasta, rice, cereal
- canned fruits and vegetables
- 100 percent fruit or vegetable juice (canned, plastic or boxed)
- cooking oil
- shelf-stable milk
- consider donating healthy, low-fat, lowsugar and low-salt products
Last year, Oregon Food Bank distributed 44.2-million pounds of food to hunger-relief agencies. Help Oregon Food Bank this holiday season with your generous donation.